Karen Andrea Peters
Karen Andrea Peters, age 75, of Quincy, died on Tuesday, September 8, 2020 in her home. She was born on September 16, 1944 in Iowa City, Iowa the daughter of Eugene W. and Wilene M. (Boyd) Gregory.
Karen was employed as a home care giver and had worked as a cook at the Adams County Courthouse and the former Travelodge motel.
She was a woman possessing a strong Christian faith and was currently attending New Beginnings Evangelical Free Church.
Karen wrote poems and was a published author. She loved going to thrift stores and garage sales with her mom, sister, and friends.
Karen is survived by her mother, Wilene Gaskill of Canton, MO,
four children: Kirk (Fran) Peters of Josephine, TX, Sherry (Byron) Kennedy, Allen, TX, Jennifer Peters, Decatur, IL and Barry (Melissa) Peters, Milton, FL; eight grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; two siblings: Stephen (Linda) Gregory of Avon, IL and Stacy Nall of Quincy; several nieces and nephews also survive.
She was preceded in death by her father and stepfather, Gerald "Jerry" Gaskill.
Private services are planned. Inurnment will be at a later date in Quincy Memorial Park. Memorials are suggested to the Disabled Veterans of America.
Janie (Thoeny) Morgan
- So sorry to here about Karen. Our Uncle Earl Thoeny would take us roller skating down in Quincy. And we would pick Karen up to go with us. My brother Frank Thoeny Jr. Also sends his condolences. Him and Karen always had a great time skating.
- I met Karen when I was delivery Meals on Wheels . She was alway very cheery and would Thank us & say God Bless you . I wish I could have gotten to known her better .
Would like to read some of her poems . Rest In Peace Karen
Mike and Karol Franke
- So sorry for how your sister left this life. So happy that she is in Paradise now. May the Lord give you and your family comfort and strength. Sincerely, Mike and Karol.
Gloria and Jerolene Benton
- Our prayers and thoughts go out to you Jennifer and your family. Your mom was so sweet and friendly to us. She will be missed.
From Gloria and Jerolene
- Tom and Judy Tribbett
- Knew Karen several years through church. Met her mother and Jerry Gaskill when they attended Faith Christian Church. Our sympathy and prayers to the family.