Linda K. Alexander
Linda K. Alexander, age 76, of 3514 Westview Dr., died on Thursday, May 30, 2019 in Blessing Hospital. She was born on September 27, 1942 in Quincy the daughter of Howard and Maydalee (Requet) Meehan. Linda was a graduate of Quincy Senior High School. She married Brian Alexander on October 24, 1964. He survives.
Linda and Brian met at Scotties Roller Rink on Seminary Road and enjoyed 55 years of a loving marriage. Linda worked as a cook at Adam Elementary School for 22 years.
They were avid campers and enjoyed many trips with Shirley and Neil Rellim, life-long friends.
Linda hosted all family holiday dinners. She loved cooking and baking and really enjoyed her grandkids. She was the Rock of her family and always made everyone feel welcome in her home.
The family would like to thank the nurses and CNAs of 3rd and 6th Floor at Blessing Hospital for making Linda feel comfortable, safe and loved during her final journey.
In addition to her husband, she is survived by:
TWO CHILDREN: Brenda Berter of Quincy and Cindy Alexander of Seattle, WA
FOUR GRANDCHILDREN: Avery Berter; Dakota Windland (Suzanne), Austin Windland (Megan Parrish); and Chevi Windland.
SIBLINGS INCLUDING: Denny Meehan (Sandy) and Cathi Kroner (Mark)
Numerous nieces, nephews and other relatives also survive.
Linda was preceded in death by her parents and siblings: Marlene Johnson and Eddie Meehan.
Cremation rites have been accorded. No formal services are planned at this time. Memorials may be made to the Blessing Cancer Center. The Duker & Haugh Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
Judy (Kroner) Willer
- Brian, so sorry for your loss. I remember all our fun times at Scotties many years ago. My prayers for you and your family.
- Ruth, so sorry to hear about your sister. Our thoughts & prayers are with you and your family throughout this difficult time. Our love and prayers are with you!!
Dee & Vernon
- Brian and your family I was so sorry to here and Linda. Hope you remember me my Dad Bob Pillars was married to Marlene. I am so sorry Linda was a very sweet lady I also enjoyed the family time we use the have.
My condolences to you and your family.
Peg Sargent Seeley
- Thoughts and prayers to the family. Sending my love to all.
- Brian/Brenda/Cindy and Linda's family
So sorry for your loss. Linda was a great person. Loved her at Adams School with my kids. Unfortunately the last time I visited with her and Brian was at the Cancer Center. Rest in peace Linda