David Michael Holtschlag
David Michael Holtschlag, age 70, of Quincy, died on Friday, March 18, 2022 in Blessing Hospital. He was born on October 8, 1951 in Quincy, IL the son of Arthur and Audrey (Allen) Holtschlag. David was a graduate of Quincy Notre Dame. He married Margaret Ann Foose on May 27, 1972 in Trinity UCC. She survives.
Mr. Holtschlag was a foreman for Konstant Products. In addition to that though, he greatly enjoyed farming and his tractors. He also liked to play cards and watch old movies.
In addition to his wife, he is also survived by:
TWO CHILDREN: Angie Holtschlag of Quincy and Mathew Holtschlag also of Quincy.
ONE GRANDCHILD: Alex Holtschlag
HIS SIBLINGS: Connie Holtschlag, Arthur "Chester" Holtschlag; Kathy (Terry) Post; Ed Holtschlag, Curt (Deby) Holtschlag; Greg Holtschlag; Mary Ely, Chris (Kevin) Drummond and Paul Holtschlag all of Quincy.
Numerous nieces, nephews including a special nephew, Richie Holtschlag with whom David farmed.
David was preceded in death by his parents and two brothers: Bill and Rich in childhood.
Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, March 23, 2022 at 11:00 AM in the Duker & Haugh Funeral Home. Interment in Calvary Cemetery with military rites conducted by the American Legion Post #37 and the Illinois National Guard Honors Detail. Visitation will be held on Tuesday evening from 4:00 until 7:00 PM at the Duker & Haugh Funeral Home. Memorials may be made to the Blessing Foundation for Hospice or to the Quincy Medical Group Cancer Institute.
- So sorry for your loss. Our deepest sympathies and prayers during this difficult time.
- Sorry for your loss. Hugs to everyone.
- Mat sending prayers to you and your entire family. Take care.
- My thought and prayers go out to Angie,Ed, Chet and all of the Holtschlag family. He’s a great guy. Sorry for the loss of your dad and brother. Don Loos
Mitzi & Mike Nicholson
- We are so sorry for your loss. Prayers for your family