Sherry Marie Messner
Sherry Marie Messner, age 60, of Versailles, IL, died on Sunday, June 23, 2019 in the Memorial Medical Center in Springfield, IL. She was born on November 7, 1958 in Louisville, KY the daughter of Donald & Marie (Billker) Hendren. She graduated from Bullett Central High School. Sherry married Don Messner and he survives.
Sherry was a Licensed Pharmacist Technician for many years. Her hobbies were Diamond Point Art. She enjoyed the Food Network and experimenting with their recipes. She dearly loved her grandchildren and her puppies and was known as 'Nana'.
In addition to her husband, Don, Sherry is also survived by:
Her PARENTS: Donald & Marie Hendren
SON: Jason Skaggs (Charlene)
DAUGHTER: Stephanie Garland (Tommy)
BONUS SON: D. W. Messner (Gretchen)
GRANDCHILDREN: Clay, Kayla, Ryan, Isabella, Anthony, Hayden, Jazzlyn, J'leigha, and Jaron
BROTHER: Donnie Hendren (Tina)
SISTERS-IN-LAW: Linda Meyer (Danny), Debbie Duncan, Stephanie Rogers, Cathy Clarke.
Her special friends that helped her most recently are Stephanie, Sidney and Daina.
Numerous nieces, nephews and other relatives also survive.
Sherry was preceded in death by her first husband Ronald Skaggs and her bonus daughter: Leigh Messner.
A Memorial service will be held on Saturday, June 29, 2019 at 10:00 AM in the Duker & Haugh Funeral Home. Interment in Greenmount Cemetery. Visitation will be held on Saturday from 9:00 AM until the time of the services at the funeral home. Memorials may be made to:
Shriners Children's Hospital.
- So sorry to hear of Sherry's passing. She endured many challenges and now is free from those things with which she struggled. My condolences to all her family.
- My condolences.
- Cristy Dunn and Family
- So sorry. Sherry was a sweet lady. I enjoyed taking care of her at TPHC and later catching up with her on fb or when she was out and about.
Daina, Sidney, Danny, Hayden & Aleyce Howell
Mt. Sterling, IL
- My daughter Sidney and I were blessed to be such a close and personal part of Sherry's life. She was an amazing woman. She went through so much and she was so strong. I'm fairly certain we will never meet another like her. Don, we are here when you need us, you know all you have to do is call. Sherry, we love you so much and will miss you beyond words. Time to fly high with the angels, Somewhere Over the Rainbow.
- I'm going to miss you Sherry. She was more than a friend she became family. My grandkids loved to go see Ms Sherry and the doggies. She was one tough strong woman who taught me alot. I'm so sorry for your loss to her family and Don. Rest in peace Sherry. I love you
Mt Sterling, IL
- I am so very sorry to hear of Sherry's passing. She was definitely 1 of a kind and will be missed by all. She was such a wonderful lady with a heart of gold. My children and I were privileged to have been a part of her family. So many great memories with this lady. I'm always here for you Don. You know this. I love you and Ms Sherry so very much. I will forever miss you little lady. Give Jack hugs and kisses from me. I hope to meet you again someday over the rainbow. Fly high beautiful lady. I will forever cherish the pictures you colored for us and I will never forget our talks. Love you Sherry.
Mt. STERLING, IL
- Donny, so sorry for your loss. Ed Parker and the employees of West Central Mass Transit District.