Roger Dale Plemmons
Roger Dale Plemmons age 74, of Ewing, MO died on Monday, December 21, 2020 in his home.
Roger was born in St. Louis, MO on December 15, 1946, a son of Dale and Ruby (Rowden) Plemmons.
He married Susan "Sue" Kay Johnson on July 16, 1977 in Bettendorf, IA and she survives.
Roger worked for 51 years in the wheel manufacturing industry. Beginning with French and Hecht in Davenport, IA where he was employed for 18 years, and continuing in Quincy with Can-Am, now Titan Wheel, where he worked from 1983 until his retirement in 2016.
Roger was a graduate of Iberia, MO High School.
He served his country in the U.S. Army during the Vietnam War. Roger enjoyed being outdoors in nature and feeding the animals.
His pastimes were playing shuffleboard and golfing.
In addition to his wife Sue, survivors include a son, Wesley Plemmons of Davenport, IA; a brother, Steve (Bonnie) Plemmons; a sister Judy (Leo) Buechter all of Brumley, MO; nieces and nephews also survive.
Roger was preceded in death by his parents, a sister Gloria Olten and a son, David White.
Cremation rites will be accorded. A private burial will take place at a later-date in Greenmount Cemetery, Quincy.
Memorials may be made to a charity of the donor's choice.
Service arrangements are in care of Duker & Haugh Funeral Home. www.dukerandhaugh.com
- DAV Chapter 32 sends its sympathy
and comfort to the family of this veteran. May he rest in peace.
- Sorry to hear he was a good person and nice to work with. He drove me home from Titan several times during the winters. Prayers for the family.
- Roger was a great man, boss and a man to have fun with. Dotty and I are sorry for you lost of RDP We also will miss this great man
Robin Balke (Eric's sister)
- My deepest condolences for the loss of Roger. I know Lisa and Eric enjoyed spending time with him. May pleasant memories bring comfort to all at this time.
Dr Gazi George
- I met Roger at Titan Wheel in Y2K. I was a consultant and the Environmental team had a total of 5 professionals. Roger was one of them. He was a pleasure to work with, professional, experienced, patient and pleasant. Roger moved out of Environmental into sales and excelled at that too. My office was 10 feet away from his and I enjoyed discussing retirement with him after 15 years at Titan. Roger retired a year before me and I never had a chance to see him again. I remember many good things about Roger he was and will always be the wonderful man in my mind and is truly missed by all his colleagues & friends. I pray for Sue & entire Plemmons family for comfort. He was always happy and smiling plus he had that quick wit. R.I.P. Roger.