Christy L. Emerick
Christy L. Emerick, age 58, of 1204 Hamann Lane, died on Sunday, November 8, 2015 in Blessing Hospital. She was born on August 21, 1957 in Quincy the daughter of Walter K. & Barbara J. (Kendrick) Kindhart. She married Tom Emerick on August 11, 1978 in St. John the Baptist Church. He survives. Christy was the Director of Administration for Walter Louis Fluid Technologies for 38 years. She was of the Catholic Faith.
Christy was a devoted wife, mother, grandmother, sister, and friend. She cherished spending time with her grandchildren and loved to bake and cook for family and friends. Loved to travel especially their annual trip with friends to Panama City Beach and family vacations. Enjoyed her job and people she worked with. Loved spending time with friends at Triple Oaks Club and was treasurer for The Ladies of Triple Oaks. She always put others first and always carried a smile. She enjoyed life most when she was with family and friends.
In addition to her husband Tom, she is also survived by:
THREE CHILDREN: Michelle Emerick and her significant other David Skinner; Jeremy Emerick and Shawn Emerick.
TWO GRANDCHILDREN: Rayanne Emerick and Hailey Skinner.
ONE BROTHER: Jeff Kindhart
TWO SISTERS: June Freeman and her husband Bernie and Tammy DeJaynes and her husband Rich.
Numerous nieces, nephews, and other relatives also survive.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Funeral services will be held on Friday, November 13, 2015 at 10:00 AM Duker & Haugh Funeral Home. Visitation will be held on Thursday evening from 4:00 until 7:00 at the Duker & Haugh Funeral Home. Memorials may be made to the Grandchildren's Education Fund.
Tim L. Murphy
- The time you spend with family can be short, but memories last forever. Deepest sympathy.
- Camp Point Central High School Class of 1975 is deeply saddened to hear of the loss of one of our classmates. Please accept our sincere condolences.
River Forest, IL
- There are two things about Christy that will always be in my memories for as long as I'm alive. One was those holiday cookies - you know which ones, the green Christmas trees that are better than any others like it. I would look forward to those every year, and would refuse to consider eating any so-called "comparable" versions of that cookie, either from a store-bought, or from other homemade sources. None of them could quite measure up, and I couldn't really ever explain why.
The other was the computer she helped setup for our family. I'm not sure of the exact year this started, but I want to say it was 1990. Christy did all the computer work at Walter Louis at that time, and she helped setup the computer for the family. We had all sorts of applications installed, including Mavis Teaches Typing, which was responsible for many of us becoming proficient at typing, which at the time, was a critical skill. It still is today of course. We also had DeskMate, with calendaring, graphics, as well as lots of computer games, etc. It was something like 20 computer games, which was really what my brother and I were into. Any issue or question I had, Christy would help out. I've been working with computer technology professionally for almost 20 years now and still enjoy to this day.
I got away from computers for a couple of years, but I ended up really getting into them again in 1993, and I attribute Christy to the one that is originally responsible for the introduction. You know, when you're a kid, when you are introduced to anything in life, if you have a bad experience day 1, you're likely to never again want to even think about that topic again. Nothing about Christy ever came close to a bad experience. She would smile, be helpful, and generally pour love into what she did. Maybe that's why her cookies were so damn good.
Gordon & Ellen :Likes
Camp Point, IL
- To Tom and family...We are so sorry to hear of this tragic news!...You have our deepest condolences!!...Gordon and I have wonderful memories of the times we spent with you and Christy...I'm so sorry that we missed the visitation and funeral but we just got home from Florida and saw this in the newspaper...We are so sorry...
Pam and Brent
- MISSING YOU!!!! LOVE YOU!!!