Clarence 'Dean' Trammel
Clarence 'Dean' Trammel, age 81, of Barry, formerly of Quincy, died on Sunday, February 17, 2019 in the Sunset Home. He was born on July 29, 1937 in Carrier Mills, IL the son of George C. & Martha E. (Maxwell) Trammel. Dean married Janet McCallister on January 31, 1958. She preceded him in death on August 22, 1997. He later married Cora Ann Cable Kuhlmeier on February 28, 2003. She preceded him in death on July 16, 2018.
Dean was a graduate of Jacksonville High School. He served in the United States Army from November 30, 1955 until his retirement on December 1, 1975, retiring as SFC E7 and having served two tours in Vietnam. Dean received 5 awards for Good Conduct, National Defence Service Medal, Vietnam Service Medal, the Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal, 4 O/S Bars, 3 bronze stars and the Purple Heart. After his service, he worked at Celotex from December 15, 1975 until retiring on July 1, 1998.
Dean enjoyed fishing and bowling and all the time spent with family. In recent years he also greatly enjoyed coffee time with his fellow retirees at Celotex.
Dean was also a family man. He loved playing with his grandchildren and making them laugh and he would do anything for his kids and in fact did. Family was his number one priority. He also loved a good game of cards. Dean was very good at cheating and if you didn't keep your eye on him you would not be a winner. He would show you how he cheated, usually by standing up and several cards would fall from his sleeve or he would be sitting on them. He was very ornery and loved life, he will be missed very much.
Dean is survived by:
FIVE CHILDREN: Lori Frye of Barry, IL; Debbie Manton and her husband Jerry; Michael Trammel; David Trammel and his wife Johnna, and Geoffery Trammel and his wife Lyndie all of Quincy.
FOURTEEN GRANDCHILDREN: Lonnie Dean Rife and his wife Amanda; Brian Manton and his fiancé Katie Mann; Chad Manton and his wife Amanda; Stacy Kuhn and her husband Chris; Ashley Brown; Halle Trammel; Miley Trammel; Justin Trammel; Jenna Trammel; and Amber Trammel; Cody Shelton; Zac Shelton; Jacob Trammel and Johnathon Trammel.
FOUR GREAT-GRANDCHILDREN: Lily, Addison, Piper and Sophia.
TWO BROTHERS: James Trammel of Michigan and Phillip of Illinois and TWO SISTERS-IN-LAW: Helen Nash of Quincy and Edna McCallister of Barry.
Numerous nieces, nephews and other relatives also survive.
Funeral services will be held on Monday, February 25, 2019 at 1:00 PM in the Duker & Haugh Funeral Home. Interment in Greenmount Cemetery with military rites conducted at the cemetery. Visitation will be held on Sunday from 4:00 until 7:00 PM at the Funeral Home. Memorials may be made to the Great River Honor Flight.
- So sorry to hear this about Dean. He was a really nice man. Sending Prayers
- I Worked with clarence at celotex.he always had a smile and a kind word for everyone.he will be missed.
Dawn Matlock Jobes
- Condolences to my family! My thoughts & prayers are with you all! We were raised that Family was always important & growing up in our family was never a dull moment.. many memories we shared miss the motorcycle trips RIP Uncle Deaneeee!
- Sarge I loved you to death,Jerry and I really enjoyed your company good and rough, I really missed Janet,i was lost R I P
Reannie Trammel Neuman
- Thoughts and prayers to Uncle Dean's family. There's one heck of a party in heaven with the Trammels, tossing washers and horse shoes! Trammel rules. Love to all my cousins and their families❤❤❤