Ruby Mae Shaffer
Ruby Mae Shaffer, age 75, of 1530 Zellerman Ave., Quincy, died on Friday, February 19, 2016 at 4:21 p.m. in Blessing Hospital. She was born on April 3, 1940 in Quincy, a daughter of Raymond & Dorothy (Sherman) Hainline. She married James Shaffer on June 8, 1958 and together they had six children.
Ruby devoted her life to being a homemaker to her family. She enjoyed cooking, dancing and gardening. Most of all she enjoyed spending time with her family and nurturing her grandchildren.
She is survived by:
THREE SONS, Thomas Shaffer, James Shaffer and Richard Shaffer and his wife Melissa;
THREE DAUGHTERS, Kari Shaffer, Jacqueline Quinn and Lillie Shaffer:
HER EX-HUSBAND, James Shaffer
BROTHERS, Jerry (Karen) Hainline and Jimmy
TWO SISTERS, Karen Mutchler and Bonnie (Gary) Rankin;
A SISTER-IN-LAW, Barb
She was preceded in death by her parents, ex-spouse Terry Rineberg, one son Ron Quinn, siblings Shirley Mettler, Virginia Stroud, Betty Hainline, Michael Hainline, Larry Siepker, Raymond Hainline and Bill Hainline and a brother-in-law Doug Stroud.
Funeral services will be held on Thursday, February 25, 2016 at 11:00 a.m. in the Duker & Haugh Funeral Home by Rev. V. Lee Amsler. Interment will be in Greenmount Cemetery. Visitation will be held on Wednesday evening from 4:00 until 7:00 p.m. at the funeral home. Memorials may be made to St. Jude Children's Hospital or to the Blessing Cancer Center.
- Ruby was a great woman. My prayers are with her children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren.
- My condolences to Ruby's family. There are no words that can make this any better. May your memories & love outlast the pain.
- I have not seen Ruby for years but I do know one thing she was a great lady great mom,grandma.. She will be missed by many.. My thoughts and prayers are with the Shaffer family..
- Aunt Ruby was a beautiful woman with a heart of gold. When my two boys were little, she watched them while I was at work. She put everything and everyone in front of herself. She was so amazing. Now you are with your loved ones above especially your sisters Ginny and Shirley you loved to talk with over that morning cigarette.
Love you Ruby
Your niece Cheryl
- Patty and family so very sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.