Theresa Faye Hocking
Theresa Faye Hocking age 60, of Liberty, IL died on Wednesday, December 12, 2018 at 8:35 p.m. in Blessing Hospital.
Theresa was born in Quincy on October 13, 1958, a daughter of Theodore Wilbur and Shirley (Rice) Platt.
Theresa previously worked at the County Market Express in Liberty as kitchen manager.
She was a 1976 graduate of Payson High School, and a graduate of the former Flamingo Beauty School in Quincy.
Theresa was of the Christian faith. Theresa was very sociable and enjoyed talking to just about everyone she could. She was a wonderful cook; she liked to go camping, fishing and to garage sales; she was known for her desire to find a bargain and she often did. Theresa loved dancing and the Golden Oldies. She most of all loved her grandchildren and her beloved Bassett hound, Fred.
In addition to her significant other, Kevin Cecil,
survivors include her children:
Joey (Michelle) Hocking of Palmyra, MO: Jeremy (Brandy) Hocking; Terri Lynn (Jason) Kroencke and Trevor Hocking all of Liberty; a step-son, Kyle Cecil of Broomfield, CO:
Eight Grandchildren: Jessie Michael White; Josephine Faye Hocking; Mitchell Hocking Dylan Hocking; Avery Kroencke;
Allison and Mason Hocking and Morgan Kroencke.
Siblings: Vickie Platt; Lee (Sheila) Platt; Melinda (Rick) Tournear all of Liberty and Tina (Jon Waack) of Arnold.
Many nieces, nephews, great nieces, great nephews, cousins also survive.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a nephew Jesse Tournear and a niece Melissa Platt.
Theresa's family gratefully thanks the many nurses, doctors and support staff at Blessing Cancer Center for
the amazing care given to Theresa throughout her illness.
Funeral services will be held on Monday, December 17, 2018 at 11:00 a.m. in the Duker & Haugh Funeral Home
with the Rev. Terry Henry officiating. Interment will be in Payson New Cemetery.
Visitation will be Sunday from 3:00 to 7:00 p.m. at the funeral home.
Memorials are suggested to the family. www.dukerandhaugh.com
- Prayers and condolences to the family, at this time. Theresa was a good friend. Theresa was a ray of sunshine.
- Theresa was such a sweet person. We were in grade school and high school together. Sending prayers and sympathy to her family.
Vernon C Cooper
- Teresa was a very good friend for a great many years, she used to cut my hair and was very talented. She will be missed by many.
- So Sorry for your loss
- Our prayers for all family at this difficult time, for peace and comfort. With love, Wayne and Carolyn Pond.
Alan and Rhonda Koch
Mt Sterling, IL
- Jeremy and Brandy, Josie, Dylan, Alli and Mason, we are so sorry for the loss of your mother and grandmother. We didn't know her but know she must have been an amazing woman to have raised such a fine son. Jeremy, I'm sure she was very proud of you and your family. Kids, always remember the good times you had with your grandma. They are memories that will last a lifetime. We are sending our love, prayers and sympathy. Alan and Rhonda
Larry & Pat Veile
Nebo (formerly of Payson), IL
- Such a beautiful lady gone too soon .Our deepest sympathies to family and friends.