Jody C. (Frese) James
Jody C. (Frese) James age 54, of Quincy died on Wednesday, December 26, 2018 at 9:45 a.m.in Blessing Hospital following a brave battle with cancer. Jody was born in Quincy on January 29, 1964, a daughter of Tom and Bev (Spath) Frese.
Jody worked as a nurse for nearly 30 years. Most recently she was employed at the Northeast Missouri Correctional Facility in Bowling Green. She received her LPN degree and her RN degree from JWCC.
Jody was a 1982 graduate of Quincy Notre Dame High School.
She was of the Catholic faith. Jody was always able to make the people around her laugh; she had a wonderful sense of humor. She showed everyone what it means to never give-up. Jody was a very proud grandmother. She also loved and cared for many animals. For several years, she had fun participating in league bowling.
In addition to her parents, Tom and Bev Frese of Quincy; survivors also include:
Her three children: Linzy (Matt) Wontorcik; Devin and Alex Reed all of Quincy;
Her brother and sisters: Brian (Donna) Frese of Liberty; Lynn (Greg) Barlow of Wisconsin and Michelle (Brett) Stadler of Michigan; three grandchildren: Jakson, Izlyn and Kennedy Wontorcik all of Quincy;
Many aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces and nephews also survive.
She was preceded in death by her maternal and paternal grandparents; two paternal aunts and two paternal uncles.
Funeral services will be held on Sunday, December 30, 3018 at 6:00 p.m. in the Duker & Haugh Funeral Home by the Rev. Aaron Kuhn.
Private interment will be in Calvary Cemetery. Visitation will be Sunday afternoon from 3:00 until 6:00 p.m. at the funeral home.
Memorials are suggested to the Quincy Humane Society.
Camp point, IL
- My condolences to the family. I used to work with her.
Bowling Green, MO
- To the family of Jody, she was an amazing woman, with a witty sense of humor, a fabulous nurse, a teacher, and a friend to all that could see her smile. I'm sincerely saddened by her passing, but grateful I had the privilege to work with and get to know a little bit about her during those long shifts. Many prayers for your family at this time.
- Dear Frese Family, I am very sorry for your loss. This is a heart breaker. I have such great memories of us all as childhood neighbors and friends in Northridge. My thoughts are with you all. With Love, Jay
- Jody was a dear friend of mine. We found paradise on vacation in Florida. I believe she has now found the ultimate Paradise. We’ll see her shining star looking down on us from heaven in the night sky. I will miss you girl! Much. My deepest sympathy to Jody’s family. May God’s love strengthen and comfort you during this difficult time.
- So sorry. Jody was a sweetheart. Always had a smile for everyone she met. She will be missed!
- I will always remember and cherish when we were neighbors. Linzy and Cammille played together having such fun as little ones. I know she fought this battle with everything she has! She will always be a hero and wonderful friend!