Eleanor Willer, age 89, of Timber Point Healthcare Center, formerly of 2631 Cherry St., died on Thursday, November 29, 2018 in Timber Point. She was born on March 1, 1929 in Adams Co., IL the daughter of Jerome and Mayme (Zanger) Schreacke. She married Elwood J. Willer on December 27, 1947 in St. Anthony Catholic Church. He preceded her in death on December 5, 2013. Eleanor worked in the Cafeteria for the Quincy Public Schools from 1975 until her retirement in 2000. She was a member of St. Francis Catholic Church.
Eleanor was a member of the St. Francis Ladies, the sewing group at the church, and also enjoyed doing water aerobics and exercises. Eleanor and her husband Woody enjoyed traveling in their camper especially to visit their grandchildren in Florida. They were members of the Q-City Squares square dance club and enjoyed many years square dancing.
Eleanor is survived by:
Daughter-In-Law: Jody Stille and her husband Richard of Payson, IL
Two Grandchildren: Scott Willer of Quincy, IL & Marcia Smith and her husband Frank of FL
Two Step-Grandchildren: Richard A. Stille and his significant other Windy Kidder & Tammie Stille
Great Grandchildren: Amber Whitehead and her significant other Brad Thibault, Kyle Claxton, & Shyann Willer
Step-Great-Granddaughter: Alyssa Stille
A great-great grandchild: Teagan Thibault
Numerous nieces, nephews and other relatives also survive.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a son Kenneth Willer, and siblings: Edith Peters, Florence Varner, Catherine Schwartz, Marie Meyer, Paul Schreacke, Lawrence Schreacke and Mildred Schreacke in infancy.
Funeral services will be held on Friday, December 14, 2018 at 11:00 Am in St. Francis Catholic Church. Interment in Calvary Cemetery. Visitation will be held on Friday from 10:00 AM until the time of the services at 11:00 in St. Francis Catholic Church. Memorials may be made to St. Francis Catholic School. The Duker & Haugh Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
- Sorry to hear of Eleanor's passing but we have LOTS of wonderful memories of their family & our's camping, square dancing & just spending fun times together. We'll miss her.
Debbie & Dorrie
- Prayers and deepest sympathies.
Jim and Mary Jo Little's daughter
- So sorry to hear of Eleanor's passing. She was such a good person. Loved her. Started out her and Woody were friends with my parents, Carlene and Billy Bennett. Jody I am sorry for your loss. I did not know you lived in Payson. My son, Matt Perrine, and his family live there.
- My condolences to the family. Please be comforted by the Bibles promise of the resurrection. Acts 24:15, John 5:28,29.
- Woody and Eleanor will be together again.
Paul and Janise