Dorothy M. Huber, age 93, of Sunset Home, died on Thursday, December 7, 2017 in the home. She was born on June 29, 1924 in Quincy, IL the daughter of George & Frances (Broerken) Burwinkel. She married Matthew H. Huber on August 28, 1948 in St. Francis Catholic Church. He preceded her in death on April 22, 1998. Mrs. Huber was a cook at St. Boniface School.
Mom enjoyed life from her love of bingo to long rides, eating out or supporting her children and grandchildren's special events, sports, music, acting it didn't matter she was there. Mom's most enjoyment and accomplishment was her family. There was never a shortage of what she would do for us. She didn't know the word no when it came to us and asked nothing in return but hugs. Mom was the best wife, mother, and grandmother, she will be missed and never forgotten. We love you mom, grandma, and great grandma.
She is survived by:
FIVE CHILDREN: Matt Huber and his wife Marcia of Palmyra, MO; Rose Keller of Quincy, IL; Dorothy Huber, Jr., of Quincy; Leroy Huber and his wife Trasie of Quincy and Larry Huber and his wife Helen of Palmyra, MO
A SON-IN-LAW: Gary Crail.
GRANDCHILDREN: Shannon Huber and his wife Julie; Alison Miller and Evon Miller; Anthony Huber and his wife Brandy; Abby Compton and her husband Tim; Alex Huber and his wife Amanda; Jason Keller and his wife Marci; Christopher Keller; James Huber and his wife Naomi; Jordan Huber; Timothy Huber; Samantha Barnes and her husband Shawn; and Ashley Huber.
A SISTER: Mary Steinbrecher
Numerous nieces, nephews, other relatives also survive.
Dorothy was preceded in death by her parents, a daughter: Martha Graham along with her husband Roger; a son Robert "Bobby" Huber; a daughter: Delores 'Dee' Crail; a son in law, Michael Keller. Also preceded in death are Dorothy's brothers: Henry, George, John and Herb Burwinkel; and Sisters: Ester Burwinkel; Angela Funk and Frances Burwinkel.
Funeral services will be held on Monday, December 11, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. in the Duker & Haugh Funeral Home and at 9:30 a.m. in St. Francis Catholic Church. Interment in Calvary Cemetery. Visitation will be held on Sunday from 4:00 until 7:00 p.m. at the Duker & Haugh Funeral Home. Memorials may be made to Quincy Notre Dame or to St. Francis Catholic Church. The Duker & Haugh Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
- Dear family - I am so sorry to hear about your mom. She is with dad and all the rest of her family who has been waiting for her. Rosie - I enjoyed sharing the memories when we talked just recently!! I will always remember your mom making Marty and I Tuna Noodle Casserole for lunch. I miss Marty and all the family! I am sorry I am still in Florida so I won't be able to be at your mom's services. Just know I am keeping all of you in my prayers. Love to all of you.
- My Condolences to the family. Mrs. Huber made some of the best Peanut butter cookies. . I sure miss her cooking at Saint Boniface.
- So sorry for your loss, Your Mom was such a sweet women, I was able to see her in the Nursing Home this Fall, where my Mother is also, prayers to you all the Whelan's
- Sue DeLaporte
- Matt, Marcia & family - I am so very sorry. Sending love & prayers your way.
- Dear Matt, Rosie, Dorothy, Leroy & Larry - I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. She was always such a sweet lady & the Mom in a family that was always very special to me! She will be greatly missed - Love, Becky